This is an aggregation of the tips and ideas presented in the school PL session on 20/9/17.
- Tag posts – use the topics to help students organise the content
- Distribute notes – rather that using class time for student note taking post the notes in Google classroom – students can then discuss (using online or face to face), or summarise
- Flip the classroom – upload a video to google drive – link to it in a question so students can reply and you know they have viewed it
- Share each days work as an assignment make it worth 1 or 0 so completion only! Upload the materials from that class – students can upload their work (photo?) and you have a permanent record of student work for particular concepts
- Put links to Google Drive Folders rather than files if you link to the folder rather than the file then every time you update the folder with more files then the students can see it!
- Don’t overload the “About” tab – link to folders in the announcements and use topics instead – only all class important stuff
- Use assignments
- Post a Question to facilitate discussion
- Differentiate – posts, assignment and questions
- Calendar – Classroom automatically adds anything with a due date to the classroom calendar (which appears in the student portal)
- Reuse Announcements, Assignments or questions – for next year
- Bump posts
- Attach Google Forms to Posts – self graded quizes!
- Encourage students to create digital portfolios
- Share across multiple classes
- Digital Exit slip – with Google Forms
- Share to classroom – Chrome extension
A nice summary of some cool features! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu6IDEBxbFY&feature=youtu.be
How do you use Google classroom? Post in comments